mesos-user mailing list archives

From Marco Massenzio <ma...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Re: "Cluster of Workstations" type design for a Mesos cluster
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 15:46:58 GMT
You're not crazy :)

This will work just fine, the Master takes up very little CPU/RAM, and, as
you plan to have it on your desktop you could even "wrap" with some
send-notify script so that should it fail or something, you could get an
alert.
I'm not sure why you want to "segment" out the Agent Nodes and isolate them
from (outbound) web connectivity, the one thing to bear in mind is that you
won't be able to install packages directly (apt-get) and anything you want
to run off them you will need to instead fuffle around with binary
installers and the like - then again, you may just install the smallest
footprint OS (CoreOS springs to mind) and maximize resources for tasks.

Keep us posted on how you progress, I may eventually go down the same path
:)

*Marco Massenzio*
*Distributed Systems Engineer*