mesos-user mailing list archives

From Vinod Kone <vinodk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shedding some light on oversubscription
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2015 17:54:57 GMT
On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 4:18 AM, Brian Candler <b.candler@pobox.com> wrote:

> So in summary: is 0.23.0 laying the foundations for all this, but with
> more work required down the line? And does that work include changes to
> frameworks as well as the core of mesos?

That is more or less correct. The API (protobufs) needed for frameworks to
use this feature will be part of 0.23.0. I imagine it will take some time
for frameworks to adopt this feature (i.e., a framework has to explicitly
opt in to revocable resources and mark a task as revocable). As of 0.23.0,
only Mesos containerizer (not Docker containerizer) has this support.

More details about oversubscription: