mesos-user mailing list archives

From "Gaston, Dan" <Dan.Gas...@nshealth.ca>
Subject RE: "Cluster of Workstations" type design for a Mesos cluster
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 16:02:19 GMT
Its not so much a matter of want to isolate them, I may not be able to due to limitations outside
of my control which may require them to be on their own private network.

From: Marco Massenzio [mailto:marco@mesosphere.io]
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 12:47 PM
To: user@mesos.apache.org
Subject: Re: "Cluster of Workstations" type design for a Mesos cluster

You're not crazy :)

This will work just fine, the Master takes up very little CPU/RAM, and, as you plan to have
it on your desktop you could even "wrap" with some send-notify script so that should it fail
or something, you could get an alert.
I'm not sure why you want to "segment" out the Agent Nodes and isolate them from (outbound)
web connectivity, the one thing to bear in mind is that you won't be able to install packages
directly (apt-get) and anything you want to run off them you will need to instead fuffle around
with binary installers and the like - then again, you may just install the smallest footprint
OS (CoreOS springs to mind) and maximize resources for tasks.

Keep us posted on how you progress, I may eventually go down the same path :)

Marco Massenzio
Distributed Systems Engineer

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 6:44 AM, Gaston, Dan <Dan.Gaston@nshealth.ca<mailto:Dan.Gaston@nshealth.ca>>