mesos-user mailing list archives

From "Gaston, Dan" <Dan.Gas...@nshealth.ca>
Subject RE: "Cluster of Workstations" type design for a Mesos cluster
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 13:44:31 GMT
Is there likely to be any issues with the Master? Given it would be an active desktop it would
be running all of the typical mesos master stuff, plus say an active Ubuntu desktop environment.
It would also need to host things like a local Docker registry and the like as well, since
the compute nodes wouldn’t have direct access to the wider internet.

From: jeffschroed@gmail.com [mailto:jeffschroed@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Schroeder
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 10:42 AM
To: user@mesos.apache.org
Subject: Re: "Cluster of Workstations" type design for a Mesos cluster

As far as mesos is concerned, compute is a commodity. This should work just fine. Put Aurora
or Marathon ontop of mesos if you need a general purpose scheduler and you're good to go.
The nice thing is that you can add additional slaves as you need. I believe heterogeneous
clusters are best if possible, but absolutely not a requirement of any sort.

On Tuesday, July 21, 2015, Gaston, Dan <Dan.Gaston@nshealth.ca<mailto:Dan.Gaston@nshealth.ca>>