mesos-user mailing list archives

From Ken Sipe <kens...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Renaming Mesos Slave
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 14:42:10 GMT
+1 to Isabel

> On Jun 2, 2015, at 3:19 PM, Isabel Jimenez <contact.isabeljimenez@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Adam,
>
> 1. Mesos Agent
> 2. Mesos Agent
> 3. No but is master-agent a logical coupling?
> 4. +1 Dave, documentation, then API, then rest of the code base. We should also make
sure that we only have to change once and that we cover all the connotations that might offend.

and many of these thoughts have been captured in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-1478
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-1478>

>> I would like to open up the discussion on this topic for one week, and if we cannot
arrive at a lazy consensus, I will draft a proposal from the discussion and call for a VOTE.
>> Here are the questions I would like us to answer:
>> 1. What should we call the "Mesos Slave" node/host/machine?
>> 2. What should we call the "mesos-slave" process (could be the same)?
>> 3. Do we need to rename Mesos Master too?
>>
>> Another topic worth discussing is the deprecation process, but we don't necessarily
need to decide on that at the same time as deciding the new name(s).