mesos-user mailing list archives

From Adam Bordelon <a...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Re: mesos framework already registered
Date Sun, 10 May 2015 05:04:12 GMT
To clear Marathon's frameworkId (and app definitions) from Zookeeper state,
you can use zkCli.sh to rmr /marathon. Then subsequent attempts to register
will get a new frameworkId.

Another possibility is that Marathon is able to reach Mesos, but Mesos
cannot reach Marathon, so its registration acknowledgement messages are
getting dropped, and Marathon keeps trying to reregister. First make sure
that you can ping the Marathon host from the Mesos master host (if they're
not the same). Then make sure that Marathon is registering with a
non-localhost IP (not 127.0.x.1), by either changing /etc/hosts to map to a
real IP, or setting LIBPROCESS_IP before starting Marathon. You should see
in the Mesos master logs what IP it thinks Marathon is registering as.