mesos-user mailing list archives

From Connor Doyle <con...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Re: Mess cluster resources utilization
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 02:32:44 GMT
There is also a /v2/queue endpoint in Marathon to inspect tasks that have been released, but
not yet scheduled.
--
Connor

> On May 7, 2015, at 01:07, Adam Bordelon <adam@mesosphere.io> wrote:
>
> Yaron, I meant by comparing the available info. You could query Marathon's /v2/apps endpoint
to get the list of pending tasks and the resources requested for each of them, and you could
check the Mesos master and slave /statistics.json to see the total amount of unallocated resources
to estimate how many additional resources you need for how many instances (may need unique
hosts) of pending tasks. Then you would have to map this onto a request in a (cloud) provisioning
tool for X more nodes with Y resources each.

> Alternatively, you could use this same information, along with some notion of relative
priority to kill off (and scale down) lower priority tasks until you have enough resources
to satisfy your higher priority tasks.

>> On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 10:32 AM, Tim Chen <tim@mesosphere.io> wrote:
>> Hi Yaron,
>>
>> Marathon itself has its own REST endpoint you can hit (/v2/apps) that will return
to you all the apps and tasks information, so you can see how many of the apps are launched
and how many are still pending.

>> Tim
>>
>>> On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 5:28 AM, Yaron Rosenbaum <yaron.rosenbaum@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> Hi Adam,
>>>
>>> For example, with Marathon - how can I get the list of pending tasks ? and by
 “how many additional nodes you would need to satisfy them” - do you mean, by comparing
the two? or is there statistics for that too?

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> (Y)

across your cluster, even on individual nodes.
resources you would need to satisfy them.

due to lack of resources? or in other words - when to add mesos-slaves to the cluster?

excess) given the current tasks and slaves?