mesos-user mailing list archives

From Adam Bordelon <a...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Re: Is DRF unreasonable in scenarios with multiple frameworks registered at the same time?
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 18:43:32 GMT
If Chronos is in fact further below its fair share at any given point in
time, then it will always get the offer. If, however, Chronos recently
declined that offer and we're still within its refuse_interval, then it
will have to be offered to the next framework (Marathon). In the scenario
where Chronos drastically reduces its refuse_interval (to 0.1s), it was
never giving other frameworks the opportunity to be offered those
resources. Since the default mesos allocation interval is 1s, that pretty
much guarantees that Chronos' 0.1s refuse_interval had already expired by
the time the next allocation round occurs, so it gets offered the same
resources again.
The refuse_interval should never be less than the master's
allocation_interval. This has been fixed in the latest Chronos.