mesos-user mailing list archives

From Tim Chen <...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Re: mesos on coreos
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 22:41:48 GMT
Hi all,

As Alex said you can run Mesos in CoreOS without Docker if you put in the
dependencies in.

It is a common ask though to run Mesos-slave in a Docker container in
general, either on CoreOS or not. It's definitely a bit involved as you
need to mount in a directory for persisting work dir and also mounting in
/sys/fs for cgroups, also you should use the --pid=host flag since Docker
1.5 so it shares the host pid namespace.

Although you get a lot less isolation, there are still motivations to run
slave in Docker regardless.

One thing that's missing from the mesos docker containerizer is that it
won't be able to recover tasks on restart, and I have a series of patches
pending review to fix that.

Tim