mesos-user mailing list archives

From "Hepple, Robert" <RHep...@tnsi.com>
Subject Re: Is mesos spamming me?
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 02:12:56 GMT
On Mon, 2015-02-02 at 17:41 -0800, Vinod Kone wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Hepple, Robert <RHepple@tnsi.com>
> wrote:
>         No - it is not 'restricted' to a label but the only executors
>         this
>         jenkins has are 'mesos' ones.
>

> You need to restrict it to 'mesos'. That is how the plugin is
> implemented. It will look into offers from mesos *iff* it has any jobs
> labeled 'mesos'.

OK - so I tried that and it went through! Thanks for that.

It's a bit of unexpected behaviour really, or am I being unreasonable?

I'm 100% sure that that is not the behaviour I experienced before eg on
our build server:

mesos slaves have the labels "mesos RHEL6" and we have jobs with the
"Restrict where this project can be run" set to "!dedicated" - ie
without a specific mesos label. These have run on mesos. Definitely.
Positively. Let me double-check again - yup!

Perhaps it takes the set of known executor labels (in our case something
like "Master RHEL5 RHEL6 PERF PROD dedicated swarm mesos") and does a !
dedicated on that. So as long as there are jobs label 'mesos' somewhere,
then !dedicated will work. Hmmm. I'll try that out on the test
server ...

later ...

no, it doesn't work with "!dedicated" while another job restricted to
"mesos" works fine. Something deeper.

BTW - thanks to mesos we are getting our "build world" down from 4 hours
to 20m !!! Hope I can shake out these relatively minor problems so that
we can really getting it humming.

Cheers

Bob

--
Senior Software Engineer
T. 07 3224 9778

On 18th December 2014, MasterCard acquired the Gateway Services business
(TNSPay Retail and TNSPay eCommerce) of Transaction Network Services, to
join MasterCard’s global gateway business, DataCash.