mesos-user mailing list archives

From "craig mcmillan" <mccraigmccr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can mesos-dns + mesos + docker emulate kubernetes' style of service discovery?
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:05:47 GMT
we use the HAProxy configurator script bundled with marathon to bind
applications to ports :

https://github.com/mesosphere/marathon/blob/master/bin/haproxy-marathon-bridge

HAProxy runs on every mesos slave and each marathon app is then
available on every slave at the port(s) declared in the marathon API on
localhost (or the docker container gateway host)

this is working fine for the short-lived connections of multi-layer HTTP
apps, and also long-lived TCP connections between logstash-forwarder and
logstash

:craig