mesos-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Chen <tnac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: *namespaces now in Docker for Mesos slave in a container parity.
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2015 19:51:30 GMT
This definitely sounds exciting.

Do you happen to have link to more information about this?

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 19, 2015, at 11:18 AM, Tim St Clair <tstclair@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings folks -
>
> All of the namespace work "should" be in the next release of Docker(1.5?).  This would
enable ~feature parity to bare metal on the slave, but it may require some command line magic
to enable super privileged containers to behave as expected.

> This means you should be able to enable *namespace features when running mesos-slave
from a container.

> 1 open question I still haven't figured out, is if there is kernel namespace api compatibility
across major release versions.  I know it's stable going forwards, but I haven't compared
EL6 vs. EL7 kernel api to see if there are changes in namespaces.