mesos-user mailing list archives

From Ankur Chauhan <an...@malloc64.com>
Subject Re: AWS - Master and Slave can't communicate
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 04:53:15 GMT
I think I know what your problem is. The master and slave need to communicate with each other
I generally set up the security groups such that they can communicate freely.  try setting
up for the security group between the master and slave to allow full access and once you get
that working you can look at the open ports to set a more strict rule set.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 2, 2014, at 8:40 PM, Matt Ivankov <matt.ivankov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Yes. I didn't set the rules up and the guy who did it in vacation. I have created a new
security group and have written down the mesos, marathon, zookeeper ports.

> This is what I have written:
>
> Type - Protocol - Port Range - Source
> Custom TCP Rule - TCP - 5050 - 0.0.0.0/0
> Custom TCP Rule - TCP - 8080 - 0.0.0.0/0
> Custom TCP Rule - TCP - 2181 - 0.0.0.0/0
> Custom TCP Rule - TCP - 2888 - 0.0.0.0/0
> Custom TCP Rule - TCP - 3888 - 0.0.0.0/0
>

> I don't know if this is correct or I've missed to open some other port.
>
>> On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Ankur Chauhan <ankur@malloc64.com> wrote:
>> Are you running VPC? If so, what are your routing /security group rules ?
>>
>> -- Ankur
>>
>>> On 2 Nov 2014, at 19:27, Matt Ivankov <matt.ivankov@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm new to Mesos and Marathon and I'd like to install it on AWS. For start, I
wanted to create 1 master and 1 slave (Mesos version 0.20.1).

>>> I've followed the steps on these links numerous times:
>>> - https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-configure-a-production-ready-mesosphere-cluster-on-ubuntu-14-04
>>> - http://mesosphere.com/docs/getting-started/datacenter/install/
>>>

>>> However, master and slave can't communicate. I don't see the slave on master.
>>>
>>> When I run mesos-execute --master=$MASTER --name="cluster-test" --command="sleep
5", this is the output:

>>>     New master detected at master@172.30.24.22:5050
>>>     No credentials provided. Attempting to register without authentication
>>>

>>> and  it just hangs. When I look at the logs (cat /var/log/mesos/mesos-slave.WARNING),
this is what I see:

>>>     Master disconnected! Waiting for a new master to be elected
>>>

>>> When I type MASTER=$(mesos-resolve `cat /etc/mesos/zk`), I can actually see that
slave finds the master (zookeeper is running on the master with mesos)

>>>     A new leading master (UPID=master@172.30.24.22:5050) is detected
>>>

>>> Clearly I'm missing something but I've run out of ideas. I'd appreciate it if
someone could point out what I'm missing.