mesos-user mailing list archives

From Ankur Chauhan <an...@malloc64.com>
Subject Re: CDH5.2.3 on mesos
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 19:30:34 GMT
Anyone else have something to add on this?
-- Ankur Chauhan

> On 28 Oct 2014, at 02:10, Ankur Chauhan <ankur@malloc64.com> wrote:
>
> Hi tom,
>
> I was basically following the readme. This gist has the list of commands how i am setting
up things
> https://gist.github.com/ankurcha/a9504b0e423b1a40d756 <https://gist.github.com/ankurcha/a9504b0e423b1a40d756>
so first of all if possible if you could help me verify if my process of setting up core-site,
hdfs-site and mapred-site is correct. I was starting the node with

> 	$ /opt/hadoop/bin/hadoop jobtracker
>
> There are two errors that i was working through. It seems that hadoop doesn't like running
as root (which is good) but despite starting the process as ubuntu i kept getting

>  Does not contain a valid host:port authority: local
>
> -- Ankur
>
>> On 28 Oct 2014, at 01:57, Tom Arnfeld <tom@duedil.com <mailto:tom@duedil.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi Ankur,
>>
>> There aren't any getting started resources other than the documention there as far
as I know. Could you share your hadoop configuration and perhaps a description of the problems
you're having?

>> Tom.
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 8:53 AM, Ankur Chauhan <ankur@malloc64.com <mailto:ankur@malloc64.com>>
wrote:

>> H,
>>

>> I was trying to setup mesos/hadoop with the latest CDH version (MR1) and it seems
like the instructions are sort of out of date and I also tried the suggestions in https://github.com/mesos/hadoop/issues/25
<https://github.com/mesos/hadoop/issues/25> but after 4 hours of flailing around I am
still kind of stuck :-/

>> It seems like the configuration/installation instructions aren't complete and I am
just too new to hadoop to figure out what's missing or going wrong. Does anyone know of a
good resource I can use to get going?