mesos-user mailing list archives

From Ankur Chauhan <an...@malloc64.com>
Subject Re: Killing Docker containers
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 21:32:16 GMT
++ I was planning on submitting that patch. But if someone has this sorted out already, I'll
defer.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 14, 2014, at 2:19 PM, Ryan Thomas <r.n.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The docker stop command will attempt to kill the container if it doesn't stop in 10 seconds
by default. I think we should be using this with the -t flag to control the time between stop
and kill rather than just using kill.

> I'll try to submit a patch.
>
> Cheers,
>
> ryan
>
>> On 15 October 2014 05:37, Scott Rankin <srankin@crsinc.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I’m working on prototyping Mesos+Marathon for our services platform, using apps
deployed as Docker containers.  Our applications register themselves with our service discovery
framework on startup and un-register themselves when they shut down (assuming they shut down
reasonably gracefully).  What I’m finding is that when Mesos shuts down a docker container,
it uses “docker kill” as opposed to “docker stop”.  I can see the reasoning behind
this, but it causes a problem in that the container doesn’t get a chance to clean up after
itself.

>> Is this something that might be addressed?  Perhaps by trying docker stop and then
running kill if it doesn’t shut down after 30 seconds or something?

>> Thanks,
>> Scott
>> This email message contains information that Corporate Reimbursement Services, Inc.
considers confidential and/or proprietary, or may later designate as confidential and proprietary.
It is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above and should not be forwarded
to any other persons or entities without the express consent of Corporate Reimbursement Services,
Inc., nor should it be used for any purpose other than in the course of any potential or actual
business relationship with Corporate Reimbursement Services, Inc. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify sender immediately and destroy the original message.

>> Internal Revenue Service regulations require that certain types of written advice
include a disclaimer. To the extent the preceding message contains advice relating to a Federal
tax issue, unless expressly stated otherwise the advice is not intended or written to be used,
and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer, for the purpose of avoiding
Federal tax penalties, and was not written to support the promotion or marketing of any transaction
or matter discussed herein.