mesos-user mailing list archives

From CCAAT <cc...@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject Re: CGroup Per-Task Isolation
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 17:44:23 GMT
On 10/13/14 00:36, Vinod Kone wrote:
> No. It wasn't.

I'm no systemd expert, but I do not think you can implement this
if your linux distro is running systemd? If it can be, I sure like
some information on just how the scheme works. A white paper or
well defined pseudo code?

> On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 10:07 PM, Sammy Steele
> <sammy_steele@stanford.edu <mailto:sammy_steele@stanford.edu>> wrote:

>     I found this post from last year discussing implementing per task
>     cgroup isolation: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-539.
>     Has this ever been implemented?

Yes, this would be a well-defined traditional approach to managing "per
task". However most distros have moved to systemd. Gentoo supports both
systemd and openrc. Openrc works very well with traditionally defined
"cgroups".   Let me know if you find some code developed along these
lines; I'll try to integrate it into my openrc test cluster (2-3) machines.

James