mesos-user mailing list archives

From Adam Shannon <adam.shan...@banno.com>
Subject [Feedback] Elasticsearch running as a mesos framework inside a docker container to be ran by marathon.
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2014 13:30:48 GMT
Hello all,

I recently was able to setup what the subject says, and was wondering if
there's anyone else doing something similar. (Or if there are other ideas
around this subject.)

Basically, I took the official mesos framework, forked and updated versions
for the versions that I'm running. You can see the tree here:
https://github.com/Banno/elasticsearch-mesos/tree/cleanup

It's then easy to build a container to extract and run the framework.
https://github.com/Banno/docker-elasticsearch-mesos Which will then just
work with mesos to scale / manage itself.

The tricky thing is that because this is just a container marathon can run
it. Marathon can scale it, and manage running it on whatever slave.

Thoughts?

--
Adam Shannon | Software Engineer | Banno | ProfitStars®
206 6th Ave Suite 1020 | Des Moines, IA 50309 | Cell: 515.867.8337