mesos-user mailing list archives

From Ankur Chauhan <an...@malloc64.com>
Subject Re: Frontend loadbalancer configuration for long running tasks
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 15:11:49 GMT
How does mesos_service_discovery handle the case of multiple applications listening to the
same set of ports but differing only in the domain.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 9, 2014, at 4:45 AM, Bart Spaans <bart.spaans@opencredo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ankur,
>
> Another solution that might fit your use case can be found at https://github.com/opencredo/mesos_service_discovery
>
> The main advantage of this project is that it doesn't depend on DNS, so it avoids issues
with expiring TTLs and application caches, which can be problematic.

> Cheers,
> Bart
>
>> On 9 September 2014 10:52, Ankur Chauhan <ankur@malloc64.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> (Please let me know if this is not the correct place for such a question).
>> I have been looking at mesos + marathon + haproxy as a way of deploying long running
web applications. Mesos coupled with marathon's /tasks api gives me all the information needed
to get a haproxy configured and load balancing all the tasks but it seems a little too simplistic.

>> I was wondering if there are other projects or if others could share how they configure/reconfigure
their loadbalancers when new tasks come alive.

>> Just to make things a little more concrete consider the following use case:
>>
>> There are two web applications that are running as tasks on mesos:
>> 1. webapp1 (http + https) on app1.domain.com
>> 2. webapp2 (http + https) on app2.domain.com
>>
>> We want to configure a HAProxy server that routes traffic from users (:80 and :443)
and loadbalances it correctly onto the correct set of tasks. Obviously there is some haproxy
configuration happening here but i am interested in finding out what others have been doing
in similar cases before I go around building yet another haproxy reconfigure and reload script.

>> -- Ankur
>

> --
> Bart Spaans
> Consultant
> OpenCredo Ltd -- Excellence in Enterprise Application Development
>
> Mobile: +44(0) 7453 777 558
>
> Registered Office:  5-11 Lavington St., London SE1 0NZ
> Registered in UK. No 3943999
>
> If you have received this e-mail in error please accept our apologies, destroy it immediately
and it would be greatly appreciated if you notified the sender.  It is your responsibility
to protect your system from viruses and any other harmful code or device.  We try to eliminate
them from e-mails and attachments; but we accept no liability for any that remain. We may
monitor or access any or all e-mails sent to us.