mesos-user mailing list archives

From Justin Holmes <justin.hol...@opencredo.com>
Subject Re: Mesos slaves across network zones
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 14:43:37 GMT
Hi

We have been running Mesos in Google Compute with slaves in us-central1
and europe-west1 with masters in europe-west1, response times between the
zones have been around 100/110ms.

I am interested in running masters across zones and will evaluate
DRBD/Ceph/GlusterFS for multi-site master.

I am also wondering if anyone has tuned master election with Zookeeper
across zones and also can we switch out the Zookeeper dependency and use
etcd/Cassandra

Kind regards

--

*Justin Holmes*Consultant

Open Credo Ltd – Delivering emerging technology today

Mobile: +44 (0) 7863173405
Main: +44 (0) 20 3603 2680

justin.holmes@opencredo.com
http://twitter.com/DevOpsScientist
http://www.opencredo.com

Registered Office:  5-11 Lavington St., London SE1 0NZ.
Registered in UK. No 3943999

*If you have received this e-mail in error please accept our apologies,
destroy it immediately and it would be greatly appreciated if you notified
the sender.  It is your responsibility to protect your system from viruses
and any other harmful code or device.  We try to eliminate them from
e-mails and attachments; but we accept no liability for any that remain. We
may monitor or access any or all e-mails sent to us.*