mesos-user mailing list archives

From Tomas Barton <barton.to...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Slaves in a different dc/region?
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2014 18:04:01 GMT
Each Mesos slave is keeping a session, that's correct. When the connection
is lost, slave will simply reconnect

ZOO_ERROR@handle_socket_error_msg@1643: Socket [192.168.1.1:2181] zk
retcode=-7, errno=110(Connection timed out): connection to 192.168.1.1:2181
timed out (exceeded timeout by 1ms)
I0606 06:25:14.611565 19666 group.cpp:415] Lost connection to ZooKeeper,
attempting to reconnect ...
2014-06-06 06:25:17,947:19643(0x7f98f9e15700):ZOO_WARN@zookeeper_interest@1557:
Exceeded deadline by 3337ms
2014-06-06 06:25:17,950:19643(0x7f98f9e15700):ZOO_INFO@check_events@1703:
initiated connection to server [192.168.1.1:2181]
2014-06-06 06:25:18,381:19643(0x7f98f9e15700):ZOO_INFO@check_events@1750:
session establishment complete on server [192.168.1.1:2181],
sessionId=0x246349f15510076, negotiated timeout=10000
I0606 06:25:18.381938 19667 group.cpp:310] Group process ((5)@
192.168.1.10:5051) reconnected to ZooKeeper

There ain't much information stored in ZooKeeper, it's pretty much just the
IP address of the master node. So, the communication won't be so intensive.
However the slave node have to send updates of assigned task's state to
Mesos master. If computing each task takes let's say few minutes and
communication delay will be 100ms it should be fine.