mesos-user mailing list archives

From Dave Lester <daveles...@gmail.com>
Subject MesosCon program commitee notes, 6/26 and 6/19
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 21:53:56 GMT
Below are notes from the last two MesosCon program committee meetings.

Dave

06/26/2014

*Attendees*
Dave Lester, Isabel Jimenez, Benjamin Hindman, Chris Aniszczyk

*Attendee/Registration Update*
As of last Friday, 23 MesosCon, 121 LinuxCon attendees who have MesosCon
addon. Speakers have not yet registered. Registration is on a positive
trajectory (~20 per week), and will likely sell out.

*Outreach*
Dave and Chris will be at OSCON and will try to get out the word there.
Consensus among the committee was that registration is on the right track.

*Sponsor Update*
No new sponsors at this time.

*Event Ideas / Enhancements*
We discussed having a job board at the event to connect companies with
developers who may be interested in opportunities.

06/19/2014

*Attendees*
Dave Lester, Vinod Kone, Matt Trifiro, Timothy St Clair, Benjamin Hindman,
Chris Aniszczyk, Isabel Jimenez

*Attendee/registration Update*
As of last Friday, 15 MesosCon, 108 LinuxCon registrations who have
MesosCon addon.

Should an incentive be needed to encourage early registration, the program
committee may consider raising the price of tickets at a later date,
encouraging folks to register ahead of time. No immediate plans to do so.

*Outreach*
Made to Mesos meetup groups, as well as SF Cloud Computing meetup group.

Discussion of including MesosCon in our email footers to help advertise the
event and get the word out.

*Sponsor Update*
At least one unconfirmed sponsor in the works, will wait for future updates.