mesos-user mailing list archives

From Vinod Kone <vinodk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mesos master behind NAT
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 18:53:17 GMT
Michael, you are right currently "--hostname" is only used for webui
redirection.

For what you are looking for, currently both the slaves and the frameworks
know the public hostname of the master (via MasterInfo.hostname that is
published by the master in ZK). But it requires some changes in libprocess
to be able to use a hostname instead of an IP for send()ing messages.

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 6:10 AM, Michael Babineau <
michael.babineau@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's good to know, thanks.
>
> I still think being able to reference by hostname is an important
> capability. On EC2, using the public IP limits your ability to use security
> groups and results in extra network charges. If we could use the public
> hostname for an EC2 instance, however, then clients in the same region will
> resolve the local IP, but all others will resolve the public IP. Best of
> both worlds, and I'm sure this approach is not unique to AWS.
>

> On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:17 AM, Antonin Kral <A.Kral@bobek.cz> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I believe, that you can trick mesos master to publish a public IP
>> address. It pushes to ZK IP address which local hostname is resolved to.
>> So you just need to put your public IP into /etc/hosts on the host
>> behind the NAT.
>>
>>     Antonin
>>
>> * Michael Babineau <michael.babineau@gmail.com> [2014-05-23 20:45] wrote:
>> > I thought --hostname only worked for web UI redirection, and that the
>> > private IP is still used for internal coordination.
>> >
>> > Tomas, I believe you'll have to wait until
>> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-809 is resolved.

>> by

>> @599:

>> @599:

>>  google::ErrnoLogMessage::~ErrnoLogMessage()

>> that

>> address

>> barton.tomas@gmail.com>

With the --ip