mesos-user mailing list archives

From Paul Mackles <pa...@loopr.com>
Subject hadoop task-trackers sticking around
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 01:27:06 GMT
Hi - I am using mesos 0.13 with cdh4.2.0 in pseudo-distributed mode. While
I am able to launch and run hadoop jobs through mesos successfully, I
noticed in the Mesos UI (and through 'ps') that the task-trackers launched
by mesos are sticking around long after my job is complete. Is that
expected behavior? I am thinking the answer is no since they are tying up
resources that could be used by other frameworks. On the other hand, mesos
seems to know enough to reuse them when running subsequent hadoop jobs.
Maybe there are using reservations or something by default?

--
Thanks,
Paul