mesos-user mailing list archives

From Vinod Kone <vinodk...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Web UI Browser Support
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 23:20:28 GMT
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ross Allen <reallen@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Subject: Web UI Browser Support
To: dev@mesos.apache.org

What browsers does everyone expect the web UI to support?

I would like to propose supporting IE9+ and all modern browsers.

Google dropped support for IE8[1] in November 2012, jQuery 2.0 dropped all
support for IE 6, 7, and 8[2], and there are likely other examples out
there.

There is an HTML5 shim for <IE9 in the web UI right now that implies
someone tried to support IE8, and so I don't want to remove it if someone
is relying on it. If we agree to only support IE9 and above, I will remove
the shim and use features like the native Array.forEach and Array.map.

[1] http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=33864
[2] http://blog.jquery.com/2013/04/18/jquery-2-0-released/

--
Ross Allen