mesos-user mailing list archives

From "Johnas, Nalini" <njoh...@ebay.com>
Subject RE: Mesos slave not starting up
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 01:38:10 GMT

Thanks Vinod.  Yes, this is the first Hadoop task and this is a VM with 4CPU & 32G RAM

Right now installing it on a bigger grid, but running into a weird problem (make check error
with python test framework) which I didn't face during the previous installation. (same 0.12.0)

It is mentioned in the mailing list below as well.  Is there some place where I can download
13 and try out.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-mesos-dev/201306.mbox/%3CCA+5QmYCiWgEA44nbrb+26EuRnd1aArnpqv2z79Q5Y5C_cmb2=Q@mail.gmail.com%3E

-Nalini

From: vinod@twitter.com [mailto:vinod@twitter.com] On Behalf Of Vinod Kone
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 11:58 AM
To: user@mesos.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mesos slave not starting up

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Johnas, Nalini <njohnas@ebay.com<mailto:njohnas@ebay.com>>
wrote:
13/07/28 09:19:48 INFO mapred.MesosScheduler: Declining offer with insufficient resources
for a TaskTracker:
  cpus: offered 4.0 needed 5.0
  mem : offered 31084.0 needed 9472.0

Looks like the cpus offered (4) are not enough to run the hadoop task (5). Is this the first
hadoop task that was launched? By the way, you can manually specify the resources on the slave
command line with resources flag(e.g., "--resources=cpus:14;mem:21913;ports:[31000-32000];disk:400000").