mesos-dev mailing list archives

From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: API Review: Resize (persistent) volume support
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 03:16:31 GMT

> On Mar 16, 2018, at 11:12 AM, Zhitao Li <zhitaoli.cs@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Chun, Greg, Gastón and I are working on supporting resizing of persistent
> volume[1]. See [2] for the design doc in length.
>
> The proposed new offer operation and corresponding operator API are in
> following two patches:
>
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/66049/
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/66052
>
> Our intention is to eventually support resizing of not only persistent
> volumes, but also CSI volumes[3] introduced after Mesos 1.5 in the same set
> of API, so we are declaring the API as experimental in its first release
> version.
>
> We also want to make sure the API is reasonable to use to framework authors
> and operators.

Why do you have separate GROW/SHRINK operations? Could a RESIZE operation with a target size
work?

In all of these cases, is it possible for the operation to be applied more than once? Clearly,
replaying a SHRINK would be bad. Applying RESIZE operations out of order would also be bad,
but not in the same way.

What is the response to this request?