mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Schwartzmeyer <and...@schwartzmeyer.com>
Subject Soliciting Hackathon Ideas
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2018 20:47:14 GMT
Hello all,

Next month I'll be attending HackIllinois (https://hackillinois.org/) as
an open-source mentor. It's a huge student-run hackathon at the
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, running from February 23rd
to the 25th. Students from a multitude of schools will be attending
(they even bus them in). The hackathon has an open-source focus, and
while there will be many projects for the students to work on, I want to
make sure Mesos gets some attention too.

I am asking you all for open issues and new ideas for small,
beginner-friendly projects that could fit a two-day Hackathon project.
For Mesos, I'm looking through our open issues labeled "easyfix",
"beginner", or "newbie", which actually returns 74 results! If you have
anything in particular that you think would be a good fit, please let me
know. I'd like to go with a list of vetted issues so I don't
accidentally start some students in on a giant can of worms. Our
excellent new Beginner Contributor Guide will be a huge help too.

Thanks,

Andy

P.S. If any of you also want to attend, let me know, and I'll get you in
touch with their director.