mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Benno Evers <bev...@mesosphere.com>
Subject Boost version upgrade
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2018 17:21:37 GMT
Hi folks,

for those of you who were looking at our build infrastructure recently, you
may have noticed that the unfortunate combination of the default `-Werror`
flag and the bundled boost version that contains code which generates a
warning regarding unused local typedefs has, over the last year, spawned
several workarounds including a hardcoded `-Wno-unused-local-typedefs`
flag, the abuse of the `-isystem` flag to disable warnings in third-party
dependencies and finally the `--disable-werror` option to not set `-Werror`
by default.

To finally get rid of the warning, we were considering upgrading the
bundled boost version to Boost 1.65 in this review chain:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/62161/

As far as I'm aware, this change should be fully backwards-compatible for
people who are building against a non-bundled version of boost.

Would there be any objections or concerns from the community about this?

Best regards,
--
Benno Evers
Software Engineer, Mesosphere