mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Ilya Pronin <ipro...@twopensource.com>
Subject Re: recovery_agent_removal_limit usage question?
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2017 13:35:12 GMT
Hey,

I'm not sure I understood your question correctly. But AFAIK
recovery_agent_removal_limit flag is intended to limit the number of agents
that will be marked unreachable after the re-registration timeout. If the
master sees that it has to remove more agents than the limit allows, it
will failover. Otherwise, agents that have not yet re-registered will be
marked unreachable at slave_removal_rate_limit. Here's the code that does
that:
https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/src/master/master.cpp#L1946

We no longer shutdown agents if they try to re-register after being marked
unreachable, so we can safely remove those agents from the registry.
However, it still might be a good signal for the operator to investigate
why a lot of agents did not re-register.

--
Ilya Pronin