mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Benno Evers <bev...@mesosphere.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Use jemalloc as default memory allocator for Mesos
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2017 13:28:25 GMT
Hi Jeff,

from looking around on the internet, it seems like Firefox builds with
jemalloc on all platforms, and I've also seen reports of people
successfully using tcmalloc heap profiling on windows. I'm afraid I don't
currently have a Windows machine with development environment set up, so I
can't provide direct user experience.

In the worst case, we would have to disable jemalloc-support on windows,
but I hope it won't be necessary.

Since you probably have more experience with memory management on windows,
is there a reason to suspect that it should or shouldn't work?

Best regards,
Benno