mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Thodoris Zois <z...@ics.forth.gr>
Subject Custom isolators - External container
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2017 23:32:59 GMT
Hello,

Is support of external containerizer removed from Mesos? Also, i have developed some isolators
that i would like to use with Mesos. I found 3 ways to do that but i don't know what is the
proper way and what are the advantages and disadvantages in each case.

The 1st one is as a Mesos module

The 2nd one is a custom executor

The 3rd one is the container image on agent.

What i am trying to do is to isolate docker tasks (images - one task per docker container)
that run under the same agent with my own isolators.

What are the benefits of running agent in a big docker container and inside small docker containers
as tasks?  If you don't run the agent under a big docker container  then by default is running
under Mesos container while inside are running small docker containers with tasks? (Assume
that we don't run tasks under mesos container)

Thank you and sorry for the so many questions!
Thodoris