mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Jie Yu <yujie....@gmail.com>
Subject CHANGELOG entry for 1.x.0 releases
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 04:08:42 GMT
Hi folks,

I was told that for 1.x.0 releases, we should not add WIP CHANGELOG entries
until a release candidate is cut. However, I'd argue that we should keep
adding WIP entries (mainly 'new feature' and 'deprecation') to the
CHANGELOG for 1.x.0 releases. For the ticket list, we should use the auto
generated list from JIRA when release manager cuts the release.

I think this approach is more scalable than asking release manager to write
the new features section and the deprecation section of the CHANGELOG
during the release process. That's the same approach we took for releasing
point releases, and that turns out to work pretty well.

Thoughts? Any objections?

- Jie