mesos-dev mailing list archives

From tommy xiao <xia...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal new workflow to engage more developer to involved in mesos project
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 01:56:10 GMT
Hi team,

yesterday sometime, in a china local mesos developer group, a Tencent's
developer report a issue about docker executor fetcher can't correct set
file's owner. with detail chat, we found this is bug. So we guide the
developer howto contributor to mesos project. in the same time, we found
the mesos contributor workflow is more old style than currently Github's
workflow.

We know kubernetes's repo is based on github, more devel can easily
participate in this project, but we need learn ASF's policy to use
reviewBoard to discussion. my point is the workflow is ok, but the
communicate is painful site in reviewborad, the learn curve is here, not
trivial.

So proposal:

quote from tim chen's chat in the chat group:

"I think the current spark flow, where issues are in jira and code is
happening in github is a good compromise"

if you like it proposal, please +1

--
Deshi Xiao
Twitter: xds2000