mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Avinash Sridharan <avin...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Re: Proposal new workflow to engage more developer to involved in mesos project
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 03:13:48 GMT
@tommy while I understand the frustration, one big problem I have with
doing reviews on GitHub is that the interface is really bad in terms of
capturing revision sets across patch submissions and capturing dependencies
across patches. Once a contributors updates an existing patch-set, all
comments on the previous iteration of the patch-set are wiped out which
makes it very painful for reviewers to understand the changes made on the
patch-set in order to address the comments.

That's one reason to prefer RB at this pointw. That said I do agree that
this is a barrier to entry for getting more contributors onto Mesos. Maybe
we need an integration of RB with GitHub to make this process less painful.

--
Avinash Sridharan, Mesosphere
+1 (323) 702 5245