mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Zhitao Li <zhitaoli...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal for evaluating Mesos scalability and robustness through stress test.
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 23:57:41 GMT
(sending this again since previous attempt seemed bumped back)

Hi folks,

As all of you we are super excited to use Mesos to manage thousands of
different applications on  our large-scale clusters. When the application
and host amount keeps increasing, we are getting more and more curious
about what would be the potential scalability limit/bottleneck to Mesos'
centralized architecture and what is its robustness in the face of various
failures. If we can identify them in advance, probably we can manage and
optimize them before we are suffering in any potential performance
degradations.

To explore Mesos' capability and break the knowledge gap, we have a
proposal to evaluate Mesos scalability and robustness through stress test,
the draft of which can be found at: draft_link
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/10kRtX4II74jfUuHJnX2F5teqpXzHYFQAZGWjCdS3cZA/edit?usp=sharing>.
Please
feel free to provide your suggestions and feedback through comment on the
draft.

Probably many of you have similar questions as we have. We will be happy to
share our findings in these experiments with the Mesos community. Please
stay tuned.

--
Cheers,

Ao Ma & Zhitao Li