mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Scholten <fr...@frankscholten.nl>
Subject Providing end-user feedback on Docker image download progress
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 11:07:37 GMT
Hi,

Together with a client we are looking into ways to provide end-user
feedback on Docker image downloads for Mesos tasks.

The idea is that an end user who uses a cli tool that connects to a
Mesos scheduler gets image dowload and provisioning progress on it's
standard out stream every few seconds.

Our client has a Mesos framework that runs large Docker images via the
Mesos Containerizer and we like to know what our options are of adding
this feature either to the framework, to a Mesos module, or to Mesos
itself using some sort of API or a new task state next to STAGING like
DOWNLOADING including detailed progress information.

We want to contribute this work back to the project and like to know
which of the above and other options are the most viable.

Cheers,

Frank