mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Rukletsov <a...@mesosphere.com>
Subject On increasing visibility into known bugs and issues.
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 00:20:21 GMT
Folks,

There have been several suggestions recently about how we can help people
understand which known issues are in certain Mesos releases (thanks Joris
for kicking this off!). With a time-based release strategy we may not have
enough time to fix all the known issues prior to cutting an RC. However, we
definitely want to be honest and tell users about those issues before they
run into something obscure and start searching for this on JIRA.

Hence, we suggest to include a new section into the CHANGELOG called "Known
Issues", starting with the upcoming 1.1.0 release.

>From now on, release managers will have to find and triage all blocker and
critical bugs and call them out in the CHANGELOG; a JIRA query which may be
helpful: `project = Mesos AND type = bug AND status != Resolved AND
priority IN (blocker, critical)`.

To help release managers, we would like to encourage all committers,
shepherds, and seasoned contributors to classify and set target version
properly on every bug with critical or blocker priority they open.

Right now there are 33 such bugs, with the oldest one filed in April 2014.
Shepherds, please look into your issues from this list and
classify/close/re-target them accordingly.

AlexR.