mesos-dev mailing list archives

From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mesos Documentation Project
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 04:43:01 GMT

> On Nov 9, 2016, at 4:29 PM, James Neiman <jneiman.c@mesosphere.io> wrote:
>
> Dear Mesos Users, Operators, Developers, and Contributors:
>
> My name is James Neiman. I have been working with Benjamin Hindman, Artem
> Harutyunyan, Neil Conway, and Joseph Wu on improving the Mesos
> documentation. We now have a proposal for the community to critique.
>
> Our goal is to satisfy the needs of Operators, Developers, and Contributors
> by:
>
>   - Revising, restructuring, and expanding existing topics.
>   - Authoring new topics, such as *Quick Start* and *What is Mesos?*.
>   - Reorganizing the table of contents.
>   - Providing role-specific views of the table of contents.
>
>   *Please note that versioning of the documentation will be addressed in a
> separate project.*
>
> This will be an iterative process. Your feedback and contributions are very
> important to making this project a success!
>
> I will follow up very soon with a request for your comments on proposed
> changes. I look forward to your feedback.

Is the proposal github PR that Joseph linked, or is there more? Is there a rendered version
of the PR available anywhere?

Are the “intallation-$platform.md” named intentionally, or the result of a typo? A lot
of the headings on these pages have a trailing ‘]’. Is that markup or typo?

Did you consider switching to a more full-featured docs toolchain (I have had good experiences
with sphinx) that can generate man pages, indices, TOC, cross-references, search, etc?

thanks,
James