mesos-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay JN Guo" <guojian...@cn.ibm.com>
Subject [Replicated Log] Enable Mesos to use etcd for replicated_log
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 09:26:06 GMT

Hi,

We are working on a Mesos module to substitute Zookeeper with Etcd.
Contender and detector are done through modulerized interfaces, however,
replicated_log is still coupled with ZK. Here are my questions:

#1 What's the difference between replicated_log with/without ZK? Without
flag --zk, Log is constructed with hardcoded quorum of 1. Does it assume
master to be running in non-HA mode? Otherwise, we observed that znodes are
created in ZK to store log_replica information, does it help Paxos
coordination in some way?
#2 We hope to make replicated_log pluggable. Some code change need to
happen in Mesos upstream (interface modulerization, extra flags, etc). So
we wonder if someone could shepherd them? Also, it would be great if we
could get some help on better understanding replicated_log internals.
#3 Is there a plan to use replicated_log to do master contend/detect
instead of ZK? If yes, what's the status?

Your help and suggestions are highly appreciated!!

Thanks,
/Jay