mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Vinit Mahedia <vinitmahe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation about debugging mesos-master : newbie
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 19:21:56 GMT
Guangya -

I just checked that. I am using v7.10 which has the fix for that issue. I
also tried to
build it on ubuntu(vagrant machine) 14.04, how Gilbert and others are doing
it, but
there I got this linking error so I think here I might have to work out
some issues as
there are already others who have it functioning unlike Mac OS:

Error on ubuntu :"make"(during link phase)

libtool: link: `slave/libmesos_no_3rdparty_la-validation.lo' is not a valid
libtool object

Brenno -

That is the reason I tried to build the whole thing as static by passing
--enable-static
flag, altough that did not work either. With default setting, shared
library, it gives that
infamous error of "memory address not accessible". The only place where I
could set
break point was "main" which I believe was due to GTEST macro. Now, I am
ditching the
setup on mac os and trying to get it working on ubuntu like others here.

About the issue I am facing with Kafka, I found this thread where someone
else is running into
same issue as me, registering the framework. So I will be replying to
that.Here it is -
mesos/kafka framework registration issue
<https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/mesos-user/201604.mbox/%3C89398C43-D45C-4653-8C0A-5AC987395924@ziprealty.com%3E>,
for curious folks.

Thank you for your time, guys.

+1 for setting CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS, I used to call configure like this: