mesos-dev mailing list archives

From haosdent <haosd...@gmail.com>
Subject Design Doc for Containerizer Modularization
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 16:54:40 GMT
Dear friends,

I would like to bump this design document again to collect more comments
and feedbacks. To make it possible to run other container implementations
in Mesos, e.g., rkt, hyper and container based on KVM, we introduce the
Containerizer Modularization. Then users could load the third party
containerizer modules and use them.

We have the design doc for this in
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fj3G2-YFprqauQUd7fbHsD03vGAGg_k_EtH-s6fRkDo/edit?usp=sharing

As the demonstration of the design document, I posted a complete patches
chain to show my ideas under the ticket [Modularize the containerizer
interface.](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-3709) which could
pass all exist test cases.

As @tim said, this ticket is a bit tricky and affect too much folks. So I
am writing this email to inquiry any concerns or any suggestions about
the containerizer modularization. As I know, this at least affect

* [Modularize URI fetcher plugin interface](
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-3926)
* [Deprecate the external containerizer](
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-3370)
* [Qemu/KVM containerizer](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-2717)
* [LKVM Containerization](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-5163)
* [C++ implementation of CoreOS AppContainer](
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-2162)
* [Add containerizer support for hyper](
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-3435)

Any comments and suggestions are highly appreciated, thank you in advance!

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang