mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Browning <invitapri...@gmail.com>
Subject docker, systemd, and cfs_quota
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 22:00:46 GMT
Hi all,

We've run into an interesting issue with Docker and systemd that's
hampering our attempts to use cfs_quota for CPU isolation with Docker
containers. The issue is that Docker doesn't tell systemd when it
changes cpu.cfs_quota_us, so when our Puppet run triggers a `systemctl
daemon-reload` invocation, the quota is reset to -1.

I assume this could be solved with the `Delegate=true` in the dockerd unit
file, but unfortunately we're not running a recent enough version of
systemd to take advantage. Has anyone else ran into this when using
DockerContainerizer with cfs_quota, or found a workaround?

Regards,
Michael