mesos-dev mailing list archives

From "Hegner, Travis" <THeg...@trilliumit.com>
Subject MESOS-4581 Docker containers getting stuck in staging.
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 21:12:43 GMT
I'd like to initiate a discussion on the following issue:

I've included a lot of detail in the JIRA, and would rather not reiterate _all_ of it here
on the list, but in short:

We are experiencing an issue when launching docker containers from marathon on mesos, where
the container actually starts on the slave node to which it's assigned, but mesos/marathon
get stuck in staging/staged respectively until the task launch times out and system tries
again to launch it elsewhere. This issue is random in nature, successfully starting tasks
about 40-50% of the time, while the rest of the time getting stuck.

We've been able to narrow this down to a possible race condition likely in docker itself,
but being triggered by the mesos-docker-executor. I have written and tested a patch in our
environment which seems to have eliminated the issue, however I feel that the patch could
be made more robust, and is currently just a work-around.

Thanks for your time and consideration of the issue.

Travis