mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Marco Massenzio <m.massen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build error
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 07:30:44 GMT
Worth noting that this is only true if you want to install in the "default"
install location (/usr/local) - you can change that using --prefix during
the configure phase (before running `make`):

cd build
../configure --prefix /home/bob/dev/local (... other flags)
make && make install

This will create (if necessary) that directory and place all .so files in
$PREFIX/lib (most notably, our hero libmesos.so :) and all header files in
$PREFIX/include.

Personally, that's my preferred option, as I don't risk messing up my
system, and also allows me to have multiple versions of the libraries, if I
so wish.

--
*Marco Massenzio*
http://codetrips.com