mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kone <vinodk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Slave Terminology Rename Proposal
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 22:14:22 GMT
What do you mean by keeping the old symbols?

For example, in the case of the `Allocator::addSlave()`, are you suggesting
that when we add `Allocator::addAgent()`, we keep `Allocator::addSlave()`
as well? Master will only call `Allocator::addAgent()` from that point
onward, so I'm not sure what's the value of keeping the
`Allocator::addSlave()`? Any allocator modules have to be recompiled anyway
with the new interface right?