mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Mann <g...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Re: Shephard Reqeust: patch for MESOS-4370
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 19:56:38 GMT
Hi Travis,
Thanks for your contribution! It's always great to see new contributors :-)

A couple things regarding your patch:
Please have a look at the contribution guidelines here:
http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/submitting-a-patch/

The standard protocol when addressing a JIRA issue is to assign the issue
to yourself on JIRA, and then find a "Shepherd" for the ticket before
coding begins. The shepherd is a Mesos committer who will work with you to
design the patch, and then commit it once it's complete.

It also looks like the ticket you've been working on is currently in the
"Open" state. This means that it hasn't been marked as "Accepted" by an
existing contributor, signifying that someone thinks it's an issue worth
pursuing. In this case, the first step is to begin a discussion on the
issue by commenting on JIRA, and perhaps drawing attention to it via this
mailing list, to see how the community thinks we should proceed.

I would recommend that you first assign MESOS-4370 to yourself (this will
require contributor permissions on JIRA, which can be secured with a short
email to this mailing list requesting them). You already did a good job of
summarizing your approach in the description of your review request, which
you also posted on JIRA, so hopefully this thread will draw the attention
of some interested parties who can provide some feedback, as well as a
committer who might have some time to shepherd the ticket for you :-)

Cheers, and welcome!
Greg