mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Jagadish Venkatraman <jagadish1...@gmail.com>
Subject Specifying a preferred host with a Resource Request
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 22:45:50 GMT
I have fair experience in writing frameworks on Yarn. In the Yarn world,
the amClient supports a method where I can specify the preferredHost with
the resource request.

Is there a way to specify a preferred host with the resource request in
Mesos?

I currently do:

driver.requestResources (resources);

I don't find a way to associate a preferred hostname with a resource
request. A code sample will be really helpful. (for example, I want 1G mem,
1cpu core preferrably on host: xyz.aws.com )

Thanks,
Jagadish

--
Jagadish V,