mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Lester <d...@davelester.org>
Subject Re: Official Mesos/Marathon Docker images - please share your thoughts/plans
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 04:13:31 GMT
Hi Marek,

Great to hear that you're doing work to deploy OpenStack on Mesos! I'm sure there are many
others on the mailing list who would be interested, so feel free to share more when you have
the time. :)

Apologies for the brief Sunday night response, but I wanted to add a few (and IMO important)
things in response to topics that have come up so far:

1) mesoscloud as a name conflicts with the Apache trademark guidelines and is likely infringing.
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/#guidelines It's also unclear to me who has created
this GitHub org.

2) The Docker files linked to are not official, they are created by Mesosphere. It's possible
for Mesos to make Docker files part of the official release process, though, and I'd encourage
that!

3) Yes, Apache proejcts can create binaries for Apache releases, they just require separate
vote. Apache Aurora has been doing this, for example. http://markmail.org/thread/4gxaiuzlo7r5vigk

Dave