mesos-dev mailing list archives

From "Yongqiao Wang" <grady.w...@foxmail.com>
Subject 回复:Design for dynamic weights in Mesos
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 08:36:50 GMT
Sorry for my carelessness, correct the link for the design doc as below:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1raTcwzq2Z2He2DIcbzm2g_Ym1YN6wLNP2tbGjUJyAgA/edit?usp=sharing

------------------
Regards!
Grady YQ. Wang(王勇桥)
Software Engineer Of IBM Platform Computing
E-mail: yqwyq@cn.ibm.com
WeChat ID: gradyYQwang
Address: 3/F,No.42 GAO XIN LIU ROAD,Xian,Shanxi 710075 China
If you can control yourself, then you can control everything.

发件人: "Yongqiao Wang";<grady.wang@foxmail.com>;
发送时间: 2015年12月18日(星期五) 下午4:04
收件人: "dev"<dev@mesos.apache.org>; "user@mesos.apache.org"<user@mesos.apache.org>;

抄送: "yongfeng"<yongfeng@ca.ibm.com>;
主题: Design for dynamic weights in Mesos

Hi guys,

Mesos currently uses a static list of weights, specified when the master is started (via the
--weights flag). and it requires that all the masters be rebooted to change the weights as
resource allocation priority changes (e.g., a new high-priority framework installed with a
new role, cluster operator needs to set a bigger value for the weight of this new role), it
is inflexible, so I give a proposal for supporting dynamic weights at runtime, you can find
the design doc here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SCFfrBd4edSY3bVCMrNJYMxIVllD0bHJuGmgG-4vCXA/edit?usp=sharing

It proposes to add a new endpoint /weight to update/show weights of roles with the authorized
principles, and the non-default weights will be persisted in registry. If you are interested
in this topic, please take a look and comment on that.