mesos-dev mailing list archives

From "Du, Fan" <fan...@intel.com>
Subject Re: Docker Executor in Mesos
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 02:38:20 GMT

On 2015/12/8 22:48, Chengwei Yang wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 08:27:32PM +0800, tommy xiao wrote:
>> >"The current docker executor will waste a lot of
>> >resources as it request one extra container."  Guangya  could you please
>> >show the code?
> It's the mesos-docker-executor I think, which just spawn `docker run`
> and wait, doesn't cost a lot of resource I think.

Yes. I think Klaus is pointing at mesos-docker-executor exactly.

Here is its memory footprint.
# smemstat -p pidof mesos-docker-executor -k
   PID       Swap       USS       PSS       RSS User       Command
  96133         0      3120      3189     17480 root
mesos-docker-executor
Total:         0      3120      3189     17480

- mesos-docker-executor itself, without proportional shared library,
costs 3120KB memory.
- Counting into proportional shared library(there are about 200
executors on my env), it's 3189KB.
- Share library used here is about 14MB, mainly libmesos-0.25.0.so,
which takes up to 10MB.
   Use pmap to get more details.

IMO, it hurts when running small footprint containers like busybox as
I'm currently doing,
the memory of executor nearly is same as docker instance.